Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Wócynjony

How do I block specific websites?

ShellG

I want to block some specific websites from force-opening from a game app I use. The app uses ads to make its money. I accept that ads exposure within the app is the price I pay for playing the game , but object to the ads force-opening windows separately in my browser. Can I block them?

I want to block some specific websites from force-opening from a game app I use. The app uses ads to make its money. I accept that ads exposure within the app is the price I pay for playing the game , but object to the ads force-opening windows separately in my browser. Can I block them?

Wšykne wótegrona (2)

I wish there was a viable workaround, but the simple answer is "no" unfortunately.

What's triggering the browser invocation is a system-level intent, and basically any app is allowed to open web browsers using the default protocols from anywhere, similarly to being able to e.g. trigger a phone call request, open the app store, or invoke a calendar.

Your default browser gets launched to the foreground by the operating system, and only after waking up it's passed the target links etc. — so even if there was some extra filtering on the browser side, it would always end up opening anyway, as it's just being invoked by the iOS at that point without knowing anything about the kind of content or the opener game :(

Firefox Focus doesn't really provide a normal blacklist where you can enter specific websites and block them. Its built-in protection is mainly aimed at trackers and other unwanted content. If the game is opening those sites in Firefox or another browser, look at blocking the ad domains rather than trying to block the pages themselves. On regular Firefox, an extension such as Block Site can block specific domains and URLs. If the ads are opening a completely separate browser window, though, blocking the domains may not always stop the app from launching the browser. In that case, the better solution may be to block the offending domains at the device or network level.

Stajśo pšašanje

Musyśo se pla swójogo konta pśizjawiś, aby na pśinoski wótegronił. Pšosym stajśo pšašanje, jolic hyšći njamaśo wužywaŕske konto.