Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Rozwězany Archiwěrowany

Default search is reset to Google every time I close and reopen Firefox

Sparky

Default search is reset to Google every time I close and reopen Firefox. How do I make Firefox remember my choices? I am setting Brave to be the default search.

Thanks!

Default search is reset to Google every time I close and reopen Firefox. How do I make Firefox remember my choices? I am setting Brave to be the default search. Thanks!
Toś to wótegrono w konteksće cytaś

Wubrane rozwězanje

Hi Sparky,

Our team is aware of this issue and has been working on a fix. The current accepted workaround is by reinstalling Firefox. Would you mind to do that and report back? Otherwise, you may need to wait for a fix that we're hoping to include in the 144.3 release.

Wšykne wótegrona (5)

Here it snaps back to Bing, nevertheless I had set Startpage as my default search service.

Thanks that's a helpful workaround. I'm switching to a different browser until they fix this bug, however.

Wubrane rozwězanje

Hi Sparky,

Our team is aware of this issue and has been working on a fix. The current accepted workaround is by reinstalling Firefox. Would you mind to do that and report back? Otherwise, you may need to wait for a fix that we're hoping to include in the 144.3 release.

A couple notes:

  • Once the fix is released, you may still see an issue on your next immediate launch. However once you update your search engines again, the problem should no longer occur (IOW: you may need to fix your default engine one last time after the fix)
  • In the meantime, users can also try deleting all their custom engines and re-adding them. This may resolve the issue for you as well without an update.

Reinstalling Firefox fixed it for me. Thanks!