Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Rozwězany Archiwěrowany

Save As filenames

Bogey62

Recently, whenever I try to save any downloaded file via SaveAs, the keyboard generates random characters when pressing the keys.

For example, I can press the "a" key ten times in a row and the filename could end up "a4vhg67hu1".

I have tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Firefox and NOT copying my profile back over. So, on a fresh install it still has the same filename issue with the keyboard.

Nowhere else on my system does this nonsense happen, only on Firefox.

I have Win 10 64-bit v1903

Thank you,

Bill

Recently, whenever I try to save any downloaded file via SaveAs, the keyboard generates random characters when pressing the keys. For example, I can press the "a" key ten times in a row and the filename could end up "a4vhg67hu1". I have tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Firefox and NOT copying my profile back over. So, on a fresh install it still has the same filename issue with the keyboard. Nowhere else on my system does this nonsense happen, only on Firefox. I have Win 10 64-bit v1903 Thank you, Bill

Wšykne wótegrona (2)

Wubrane rozwězanje

What security software do you have?

Some security software includes an anti keylogger feature that can cause this to happen. ZoneAlarm has been reported in the past as a possible culprit.

cor-el said

What security software do you have? Some security software includes an anti keylogger feature that can cause this to happen. ZoneAlarm has been reported in the past as a possible culprit.

I am running Hitman Pro and HitmanPro.Alert. HitmanPro.Alert has a Keystroke Encryption feature that is causing the issue.

It did not cause a problem with Firefox under Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 Pro (pre-1903). It seems to only have started after the 1903 release of Windows 10.

Thank you for the help, it was driving me crazy!