Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Archiwěrowany

Why Address bar is not showing suggestions when I start typing?

Gagan_Mathur

Mozilla Firefox address bar is not showing suggestions as it used to do earlier. I have lots of bookmarks but when I start typing in address bar it shows nothing as suggestions, I have to type complete website name even that websites are bookmarked. Please help!!

Mozilla Firefox address bar is not showing suggestions as it used to do earlier. I have lots of bookmarks but when I start typing in address bar it shows nothing as suggestions, I have to type complete website name even that websites are bookmarked. Please help!!

Wšykne wótegrona (2)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to Troubleshoot the issue and to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

See also the replies it the other (locked) thread.


There are other things that need your attention.

Your System Details list shows that you have a user.js file in the profile folder to initialize prefs each time Firefox starts.

The user.js file is only present if you or other software has created this file and normally it wouldn't be there. You can check its content with a plain text editor (right-click: Open with) if you didn't create this file yourself.

The user.js file is read each time Firefox is started and initializes preferences to the value specified in this file, so preferences set via user.js can only be changed temporarily for the current session.

You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:


You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.