Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

Invisible text in navigation bar

agn0sis

When I type something in the navigation bar, I get a list of related pages that I have visited before. The problem is that in Nightly 18, I can see the pages' icons but not the text. All I get is a gray rectangle. If I use the keyboard or the mouse to select one of the invisible results, I got directed correctly to the page. This happens both in Arch linux and in Ubuntu 12.04

When I type something in the navigation bar, I get a list of related pages that I have visited before. The problem is that in Nightly 18, I can see the pages' icons but not the text. All I get is a gray rectangle. If I use the keyboard or the mouse to select one of the invisible results, I got directed correctly to the page. This happens both in Arch linux and in Ubuntu 12.04

Alle Antworten (1)

That usually indicates a problem with the font that is used and isn't working or missing.

Try to use the DOM Inspector to see which font is used in that section.


The DOM Inspector (DOMi) has a menu item (Search > Select Element By Click) and a button to "Find a node to inspect by clicking on it" (left icon on the toolbar).

  • open the browser window in the DOMi (File > Inspect Chrome Document) and choose the first from the list.
  • click the "Find a node to inspect by clicking on it" button and use the keyboard (Alt Tab) or the Task bar to go back to the browser window (do not click in the browser window other than the title bar).
  • click that element with the mouse and keep the button pressed until you see a red border to indicate the the DOMi has located that element in the DOM tree.

You need to use the keyboard to get access to the location bar of the Firefox window (Ctrl+L) and type something or press the Down key to open the drop down list.
Once the list is open then you can click an entry and you should see the red focus ring.

Then you can check in the right pane in the DOM Inspector which font is used:

  • click the icon with the drop marker in the header and choose "Used Font Faces"