Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

Change theme should be in more places than Firefox Home

Mike

The new theme is terrible, but after choosing the grey option, it's usable. My problem is it resets for no reason. I don't use Firefox's home page, but that is the only place to change the theme of new Firefox. WHY? I have been a Firefox user since it was called Phoenix, and this recent change might finally break me.. Floorp is looking really good these days.

The new theme is terrible, but after choosing the grey option, it's usable. My problem is it resets for no reason. I don't use Firefox's home page, but '''that is the only place''' to change the theme of new Firefox. WHY? I have been a Firefox user since it was called Phoenix, and this recent change might finally break me.. Floorp is looking really good these days.

Alle Antworten (2)

Hi Mike,

You can also manage Firefox themes through the Add-ons Manager, without needing to use Firefox Home. Type about:addons into the address bar and select Themes. From there, you can enable or disable installed themes.

However, if the theme keeps resetting unexpectedly, could you clarify whether Firefox switches back to the default theme after restarting, or whether the grey appearance itself changes while you're using the browser?

If it resets after restarting Firefox, it would also be useful to know whether you're using any extensions that manage themes or browser appearance. That should help narrow down whether this is a settings issue or a possible bug.

Thanks for the response. I knew about the Themes section, but it looks so visually different from the menu used by the Firefox homepage, I had no idea it was controlling the same thing (holy inconsistency).

The theme resets after any of my machines updated to the latest version of Firefox (That are tied to Mozilla accounts). So when I set the theme to "Smoke" on my desktop, then the next day my laptop updated 157.. it sets itself to the default, and also changes the desktop change to default. Then later, when I updated my Linux box at work.. same thing, now Linux, the laptop and the desktop get reset to default. I was trying Floorp last night and signed into my Mozilla account. What do you think happened? Yes. All 3 other machines reverted to default again...

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.