Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

Can't add attachment to email message

kblackw

I can't get an attachment to an email message. When I select the 'attach' button, nothing happens. I recently cloned my C: drive and am concerned that something didn't get cloned properly

I can't get an attachment to an email message. When I select the 'attach' button, nothing happens. I recently cloned my C: drive and am concerned that something didn't get cloned properly

Alle Antworten (4)

Bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077526. As a workaround, you can drag and drop the file to be attached into the message.

Beyond drag and drop there is another workaround.

  • At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button ≡ > Settings > General
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click 'Config Editor'.
  • Search for the preference mail.compose.attach.dir.
  • The value (Path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:).
  • Restart Thunderbird.

That should fix it.

Once I access mail.compose.attach.dir. there is no choice of value or path that I can see, only true or false and the default is false

Once I access mail.compose.attach.dir.

Remove the . at the end, like this mail.compose.attach.dir

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.