Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

How can I manage downloaded media files from Thunderbird attachments?

johnny786420

I’m trying to understand how Thunderbird handles links to online media when an email contains a link to a photo or video rather than a normal attachment.

For example, if an email contains a link to public Instagram media, I may open it in the browser and use a browser-based option such as Indown.mobi to work with the media. Is there any Thunderbird setting that affects how these external media links are opened or handled?

I’m mainly interested in understanding whether Thunderbird treats these differently from normal attachments and whether there is a recommended workflow for managing them.

I’m trying to understand how Thunderbird handles links to online media when an email contains a link to a photo or video rather than a normal attachment. For example, if an email contains a link to public Instagram media, I may open it in the browser and use a browser-based option such as Indown.mobi to work with the media. Is there any Thunderbird setting that affects how these external media links are opened or handled? I’m mainly interested in understanding whether Thunderbird treats these differently from normal attachments and whether there is a recommended workflow for managing them.

Alle Antworten (1)

remote links are not attachments they are hyperlinks what options are available

There is fundamentally no similarity between attachments and hyperlinks. Attachments and embedded (included) media and images are essentially the same thing, differing in the message body essentially in only one word only. the disposition being inline or attachment.

Remote anything is just a hyperlink and while the content may be displayed in the body of the email there is nothing related to an attachment.

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.