Yahoo password not working / Something went wrong
Hello,
Just the other day I noticed my Thunderbird doesn't log into my Yahoo account and as a result doesn't update the mailbox.
I get a pop up that asks for Yahoo mail address and then password. When I put the correct info there, all I get is "Something went wrong" message.
I've tried removing cookies, removing saved passwords, removing the account and restarting the PC. None of these helped.
I've also checked the IMAP and SMTP server addresses and ports are ok and it uses the SSL/TLS and OAuth2 for authentication.
Any idea what to try?
Alle Antworten (5)
Make sure to allow cookies in Thunderbird. Don't use a VPN while authenticating. Also make sure not to run any software which blocks TCP port 80, e.g. like a local web server.
I'm allowing all cookies in Thunderbird, don't have VPN and I tried allowing all connections for Thunderbird. After this I relaunched it, but still the same issue pops up.
You have to put the password already into the account settings, so it's weird that Thunderbird gives this pop up for login. Maybe it's some fallback option when it can't log in automatically.
But yeah, no help.
I tried allowing all connections for Thunderbird.
This isn't about allowing connections for Thunderbird. So stop messing with Firewall settings if this is what you did. For the OAuth authentication to work Thunderbird needs to access localhost TCP port 80. If this port is already occupied by another application running on your computer, e.g. like a local web server, it blocked for Thunderbird. Hence you'd need to stop that application prior to attempting to authenticate. Note, the port may also be occupied by some sort of anti-virus software.
You have to put the password already into the account settings, so it's weird that Thunderbird gives this pop up for login.
With OAuth2 the authentication token will expire at some point. When that happens you'll be prompted to re-authenticate. It's not weird at all.
I checked with netstat -o that there were no other apps using TCP 80. Maybe there is a more consistent way to check this?
I also tried creating a rule, just for a test, that opens TCP 80 to all connections. I've deleted the rule immediately after.
Nothing.
What is your Thunderbird version?
Try to start Windows 10 in safe mode with networking enabled. Does the problem go away?
Windows safe mode disables anti-virus software. This is a troubleshooting step, not a solution.
You may also try to clear any cookies in Thunderbird which may have been set by now.