Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
you just wiped out all my bookmarks where are they?
The new version of firefox wiped out everything. I want it back.
Alle Antworten (3)
Hi, sorry that issue happened, stressful. If they are not in these places then they are lost. System Restore tends to just restore system files only and other programs but not in this case or ever that I know of.
Please check your Desktop for a folder called OldFirefoxProfile and check here for current Profile and hoping a extra older one from before you updated.
Plus : Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing. To recover them, follow the instructions below.
- Use one of these methods to open the Bookmarks Library window:
- Firefox 29 and above: Click the Bookmarks button and select Show All Bookmarks.
- Previous Firefox versions: Click the Firefox button and click on Bookmarks. (If you don't have a Firefox button, click the Bookmarks button or Bookmarks menu item and select Show All Bookmarks.)
- At the top of the Library window, click on Import and Backup and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
For more information, see the Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer article. For other solutions, see the Recover lost or missing Bookmarks article.
You should always do this :
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Geändert am von Shadow110
Thank you for your quick response. I just completed a complete system restore and the bookmarks reappeared. How do I stop firefox from automatically updating since they really don't care what damage they cause?
Hi, Glad you got things straightened around. it would be best to update as these have security fixes, Firefox bug fixes as will as just making things work better along with new features and these can help you soon as Firefox 60 is working through Beta now. It will be very interesting : Firefox/Roadmap
If you would care to see what each release has fixed, updated or security you can check here : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/
If you keep a copy of these and do so always as I have had my bookmarks since 1995 things do work out nicely : You should always do this :
This really would be the best way to proceed. It is also not so easy and to also revert back when need to. Let us know if the above idea is workable, Thanks.