Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst Archiviert

I use windows 7, the new Firefox quantum is very glitchy. How do I fix this?

PSTHILL

Since the change to the new Firefox, scrolling webpages is very choppy. The browser often freezes. I have had to switch to Chrome. Can I get the old Firefox back? My OS is windows 7.

Since the change to the new Firefox, scrolling webpages is very choppy. The browser often freezes. I have had to switch to Chrome. Can I get the old Firefox back? My OS is windows 7.
Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen

Ausgewählte Lösung

thank you - for the record, the config was: https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9072974

can you please test if the following steps can fix the performance issue you're seeing in firefox 57?: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named accessibility.force_disabled. double-click it, change its value to 1 and restart firefox once.

then please let us know how this goes?

Alle Antworten (4)

hi PSTHILL, thanks for reporting this. could you go to the firefox menu ≡ > help ? > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum (or if it's to long through a site like https://pastebin.mozilla.org/)?

this might give us a clue what is going on. thank you!

Thanks for responding. I have done as you requested and copied the contents of the troubleshooting page into the pastebin site. Even after refreshing firefox, scrolling is still glitchy with frequent pauses in operation. Looking forward to your solution.

Peter St.Hill

Ausgewählte Lösung

thank you - for the record, the config was: https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9072974

can you please test if the following steps can fix the performance issue you're seeing in firefox 57?: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named accessibility.force_disabled. double-click it, change its value to 1 and restart firefox once.

then please let us know how this goes?

Thanks for your help ! The performance is a lot smoother and so far no pauses in scrolling, etc.