Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

Firefox 17 painfully slow on new laptop

duranh

I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. Firefox 17 is running very very slow. IE9 runs perfectly fine. Speedtest.net results using IE averages 13MB download speeds; using Firefox averages 2.5MB. Is there a known compatibility issue with Windows 7 64 bit or something? I love Firefox and want to use it over IE, so I'm hoping there's a fix. By the way, I tried a couple of tweeks that I found online, but they didn't seem to help or hurt the problem.

I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. Firefox 17 is running very very slow. IE9 runs perfectly fine. Speedtest.net results using IE averages 13MB download speeds; using Firefox averages 2.5MB. Is there a known compatibility issue with Windows 7 64 bit or something? I love Firefox and want to use it over IE, so I'm hoping there's a fix. By the way, I tried a couple of tweeks that I found online, but they didn't seem to help or hurt the problem.

Alle Antworten (2)

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

If you use F-Secure Browser Protection then see:

Try to disable "Use advanced process monitoring" in the F-Secure Deepguard settings.

  • open Computer Security main window and select "Settings"
  • in settings dialog go to "DeepGuard"
  • uncheck "Use advanced process monitoring" checkbox

Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.

I'm glad you asked about the anti-virus protection because I haven't installed it yet - I forgot. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, though.