Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

When I reply to a message received in one account, the reply is sent from another account.

sledjunk

I have multiple email accounts in Thunderbird, and most work fine. However, one of the accounts does not work consistently. When I receive a message from this account, if I try to reply, the from account in my reply is set to another of my accounts. The account that fails has a reply as field set to another email forwarding service.

For example, account@hotmail.com has reply as set to treasurer@abc.com. An email is sent by friend@anywhere.com to treasurer@abc.com. abc.com forwards this email to account@hotmail.com. When I reply to the message, the from address defaults to mmm@hotmail.com.

The profile for account@hotmail.com has the smtp set to the smtp for account@hotmail.com.

I do not see a difference between the setup for this account and other hotmail accounts that work properly. I'm stumped so any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have multiple email accounts in Thunderbird, and most work fine. However, one of the accounts does not work consistently. When I receive a message from this account, if I try to reply, the from account in my reply is set to another of my accounts. The account that fails has a reply as field set to another email forwarding service. For example, account@hotmail.com has reply as set to treasurer@abc.com. An email is sent by friend@anywhere.com to treasurer@abc.com. abc.com forwards this email to account@hotmail.com. When I reply to the message, the from address defaults to mmm@hotmail.com. The profile for account@hotmail.com has the smtp set to the smtp for account@hotmail.com. I do not see a difference between the setup for this account and other hotmail accounts that work properly. I'm stumped so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Geändert am von sledjunk

Alle Antworten (2)

I had a similar issue when I had "two accounts" in the Local Folders (classic TB I believe it put everything into Local Folders unless it was an IMAP) years ago)

Then I have created Multiple accounts and each has its Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc. Now each time I Reply it replies through that account.

See image

I do have all of my accounts in local folders ( about 30 accounts). Most of the accounts work as expected but there are a couple that revert to the first account for sending mail when replying.