Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst Archiviert

Thunderbird setup does not recognize my Administrator password nor Current User

fbxmaid

I have downloaded Thunderbird and am attempting to set up through the wizard. After extracting a window asks for my Administrator password or to sign in as the current user... I have tried both. Thunderbird tells me "logon failure. Unknown user name or bad password". (Not true - my computer is password protected and I log in daily). When I try as "current user" - absolutely NOTHING HAPPENS. Can you please tell me what the problem may be?

I have downloaded Thunderbird and am attempting to set up through the wizard. After extracting a window asks for my Administrator password or to sign in as the current user... I have tried both. Thunderbird tells me "logon failure. Unknown user name or bad password". (Not true - my computer is password protected and I log in daily). When I try as "current user" - absolutely NOTHING HAPPENS. Can you please tell me what the problem may be?

Alle Antworten (1)

Ausgewählte Lösung

It's asking for the password associated with an email account, surely?

How far into the "wizard" does this happen?