Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Løst Arkiveret

I created a Firefox extension, was working fine until I updated to new version 15.0.1, and on very first line it is giving SyntaxError: illegal character : ��w

umar.sd.care

The code on first line is window.addEventListener("load", function(e) { onLoad(e); }, false); but if I open file from Error message link it shows this ��w�i�n�d�o�w�.�a�d�d�E�v�e�n�t�L�i�s�t�e�n�e�r�(�"�l�o�a�d�"�,� �f�u�n�c�t�i�o�n�(�e�)� �{� �o�n�L�o�a�d�(�e�)�;� �}�,� �f�a�l�s�e�)�;�

The code on first line is window.addEventListener("load", function(e) { onLoad(e); }, false); but if I open file from Error message link it shows this ��w�i�n�d�o�w�.�a�d�d�E�v�e�n�t�L�i�s�t�e�n�e�r�(�"�l�o�a�d�"�,� �f�u�n�c�t�i�o�n�(�e�)� �{� �o�n�L�o�a�d�(�e�)�;� �}�,� �f�a�l�s�e�)�;�

Alle svar (3)

This is Firefox support forum. if you need addon related help feel free to ask question in addons.mozilla.org forum

you can also get help from #AMO irc channel

  • irc://irc.mozilla.org/amo

use Mibbit if you dont have irc client

Valgt løsning

You may have saved files in an UTF-16 encoding instead of UTF-8, so check that.
You can open such extension files in Firefox via their chrome url.

  • chrome://

Thank you, I already saved the js file using a java script editor, and that solved the problem.

Ændret af umar.sd.care den