Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Løst Arkiveret

[Opening Tabs + Searching] How to make it like Chrome?

jtype01

Hey Community,

I love Firefox and find it better than Chrome in all aspects expect for one.

In Chrome, when I press ctrl+t to open a new tab, the keyboard input automatically directs me to the address bar, where I can type in my url or search term.

In Firefox, when ctrl+t to open a new tab, I have to manually click on the address bar or google search bar.

Is there any way, or addon, to modify this behavior?

Thanks so much!

Hey Community, I love Firefox and find it better than Chrome in all aspects expect for one. In Chrome, when I press ctrl+t to open a new tab, the keyboard input automatically directs me to the address bar, where I can type in my url or search term. In Firefox, when ctrl+t to open a new tab, I have to manually click on the address bar or google search bar. Is there any way, or addon, to modify this behavior? Thanks so much!

Ændret af jtype01 den

Læs dette svar i sammenhæng

Valgt løsning

ok, the newest comment on the addon's page refers to the same issue, so it seems to be reproducible. please contact the developer of the addon through the channels provided on the homepage, and hopefully he will fix it. this extension seems to be quite actively developed & frequently updated, so your chances are quite good ;-)

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/webmail-notifier

Ændret af philipp den

Alle svar (5)

hello, actually it should work right out of the box like this (with focus on the address bar when a new tab is opened). maybe one of your existing addons is interfereing here - could you try launching firefox in safemode once & see if it's working as intended?

Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

Ændret af philipp den

OHhhhh. WebMail Notifier was preventing this.

NOOoooo I can't live without this addon. What do? >_<

Valgt løsning

ok, the newest comment on the addon's page refers to the same issue, so it seems to be reproducible. please contact the developer of the addon through the channels provided on the homepage, and hopefully he will fix it. this extension seems to be quite actively developed & frequently updated, so your chances are quite good ;-)

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/webmail-notifier

Ændret af philipp den

madperson! you have been most extremely helpful this morning! thanks so much!

you're very welcome!