X
Tryk her for at gå til webstedets mobilversion.

Supportforum

How do I reset right-click search from Bing to Google?

Skrevet

Several months ago for an unknown reason my right-click search changed from Bing to Google. How do I change it back? I'm on a Mac OS 10.4.11 and Firefox 3.6.25. I got a little over my head and tried two things, one from an article here which says -

Changing the Internet Keyword service

You can specify any valid URL to perform the Internet Keyword searches by modifying the keyword.URL preference in the about:config page:

   * To use the Browse by Name service from in earlier versions of Firefox, keyword.URL can be set to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=. Google will forward you to the relevant site if it finds a clear match. Otherwise, the search results page will be displayed. 
   * To use Yahoo!, set keyword.URL to http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=, Bing, set it to http://www.bing.com/search?q= and so on.
   * To reset the Internet Keyword service to use a standard Google search Google's Browse by Name service, right-click hold down the Ctrl key while you click on keyword.URL and select Reset. 

and one from an outside article which said to go to about:config, find Bing and replace it with the URL http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=

Neither worked and it's probably I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing beyond following those instructions. I suspect it might be because those solutions were meant for a different version of Firefox. I got out of there because I didn't want to screw anything up.

Anything else I need to add?

Several months ago for an unknown reason my right-click search changed from Bing to Google. How do I change it back? I'm on a Mac OS 10.4.11 and Firefox 3.6.25. I got a little over my head and tried two things, one from an article here which says - Changing the Internet Keyword service You can specify any valid URL to perform the Internet Keyword searches by modifying the keyword.URL preference in the about:config page: * To use the Browse by Name service from in earlier versions of Firefox, keyword.URL can be set to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=. Google will forward you to the relevant site if it finds a clear match. Otherwise, the search results page will be displayed. * To use Yahoo!, set keyword.URL to http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=, Bing, set it to http://www.bing.com/search?q= and so on. * To reset the Internet Keyword service to use a standard Google search Google's Browse by Name service, right-click hold down the Ctrl key while you click on keyword.URL and select Reset. and one from an outside article which said to go to about:config, find Bing and replace it with the URL http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q= Neither worked and it's probably I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing beyond following those instructions. I suspect it might be because those solutions were meant for a different version of Firefox. I got out of there because I didn't want to screw anything up. Anything else I need to add?

Yderligere systemdetaljer

Installerede plugins

  • Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
  • Gecko default plugin
  • Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
  • Picasa plugin.
  • iPhoto6
  • RealPlayer Plugin
  • Coupons Inc. Plugin
  • The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
  • 3.0.50106.0
  • The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

Program

  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.25) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25

Yderligere information

Luk
Tim 148 løsninger 1005 svar

Valgt løsning

Set Bing as your default search engine. See https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Search%20bar#w_managing-search-engines

Spørgsmålsstiller

Wow fmdeveloper, that was quick and easy! The stuff I'd read seemed to say that the two (the search bar and right-click) were separate functions and had to be dealt with individually. Again, I guess it has to do with whatever versions one is dealing with. Whatever the case I'm pleased that you pointed me to this simple solution. Thank you so very much. All the best...

So now I just hope I didn't do anything weird when I ventured into about:config. That's totally foreign territory for me as I'm just a regular user and not a developer.

Thanks again!

Wow fmdeveloper, that was quick and easy! The stuff I'd read seemed to say that the two (the search bar and right-click) were separate functions and had to be dealt with individually. Again, I guess it has to do with whatever versions one is dealing with. Whatever the case I'm pleased that you pointed me to this simple solution. Thank you so very much. All the best... So now I just hope I didn't do anything weird when I ventured into about:config. That's totally foreign territory for me as I'm just a regular user and not a developer. Thanks again!