Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Why do my bookmarks open in a sidebar instead of in a new tab?

rebeccastrause

When I click on any of my bookmark icons, the page opens in a small 'sidebar' on the left of my browser while still showing what should be the previous page on the majority of the remaining screen unless I right-click and choose the option for it to open in a new tab.

When I click on any of my bookmark icons, the page opens in a small 'sidebar' on the left of my browser while still showing what should be the previous page on the majority of the remaining screen unless I right-click and choose the option for it to open in a new tab.

Alle svar (2)

Right-click on the bookmark and choose properties, de-select the option "Load this bookmark in the sidebar"

Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.

  • Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Mozilla browsers

Update the Java plugin to the latest version (6 U22).