Will not open/work/start. firefox.exe opens in processes but no further.
Explorer does work, I used firefox for over a year before today
I had to do a system restore for the previous day due to a "worm"
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
- User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
An extension is the most likely cause of this problem - try starting in Firefox Safe Mode to see if this is the case. See Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode for instructions.
You may need to end Firefox's process in Task Manager:
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to load the Task Manager window
- Click the Processes tab at the top. (Click once near the top of the window if you don't see tabs)
- Find all firefox.exe processes listed below
- On each firefox.exe process, right click and choose End Process
If it starts in safe mode, disable extensions to figure out which is causing it. Norton IPS and Norton Toolbar are known to cause it in some cases, so disable these first.