Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Løst Arkiveret

Where does Thunderbird get it's addresses from?

MysteryMan

I am a bit confused!

If I compose a message and start typing in the address field ("Partington") then 2 addresses are shown. One is the right one and one is an old one that I do not want.

However, if I look in my Address Book and select "All Address Books" then the old address is not shown. Can anyone suggest where it is picking this up from?

I am a bit confused! If I compose a message and start typing in the address field ("Partington") then 2 addresses are shown. One is the right one and one is an old one that I do not want. However, if I look in my Address Book and select "All Address Books" then the old address is not shown. Can anyone suggest where it is picking this up from?
Læs dette svar i sammenhæng

Valgt løsning

Ah ha! Just after I types the last post I had an idea.......the entry in the Address Book has 2 emails in it - the right one and the old one!

Updated to just have one and all OK now!

Sorry for the hassle.

Alle svar (5)

The addresses are from the address books, although that can include external address books on LDAP servers that only display addresses when you search in them.and the Apple address book if you are on an apple product.

Not sure what an LDAP server is and whether I have an external address book on one.......how would I know if I have?

What address books are shown in the list under all address books.

Your incorrect entry is in there somewhere.

Well, I can't see it!

I have uploaded 2 screenshots.

The first shows a search for "Partington" in All Address Books and this brings back 1 entry.

The second shows what happens when I type in "Partington" when composing an email - 2 entries.

Where the hell is it coming from?!?!?!?!?

Valgt løsning

Ah ha! Just after I types the last post I had an idea.......the entry in the Address Book has 2 emails in it - the right one and the old one!

Updated to just have one and all OK now!

Sorry for the hassle.