Where are the open tabs strored/saved? I'vd lost access to my Windows 10
I had a FireFox installed on my Windows 10that I had several important tabs open and now after installing a Manjaro linux, I've lost my access to the Windows. It happened around 6 months ago. Now I wanna reinstall a new Windows OS but wanna save my open tabs list somewhere so that I can restore them after reinstallation. Where are they strored/saved?
Alle svar (4)
Did you format the drive that windows was on and installed Linux over it? Maybe you installed Linux on a different partition on the same drive? What was your install process? The files are in your profile folder. see screenshot https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1420979#answer-1597405
Ændret af jonzn4SUSE den
I still have my C local drive that my Windows was installed in. my linux is installed in a different drive totally. but when I opened the address u said but there are a lot of files and folders there. where are my tabs?
I assume you should be able to get the sessionstore.jsonlz4 file from your profile in Windows and copy it over the your profile folder in Linux. Those closer to Dev can chime in if I'm mistaken. My data is synced via Sync on Linux, Windows, and Mac. see screenshot While in Linux you should be able to mount and access the files on your C drive.
Ændret af jonzn4SUSE den
You can backup certain files with Firefox closed from another profile folder to have a backup of your personal data. Note that best is to avoid restoring a full profile folder and only restore important files that are safe to restore/transfer.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins) and key4.db (encryption key/primary password) for logins saved in the Password Manager
- cert9.db for certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)