Thunderbird wont start, says there is an out of date add, on wont go further (mac)
When I go to open Thunderbird, I get a window telling me that there is an incompatible add on, it gives me the choice to ignore or search for an up to date version of the add on. When I click on either of these the window closes for a minute then reopens with the same message in a vicious circle. Thunderbird itself won't open and can only be shut down by force quit.
I have removed all that I can find to do with Thunderbird (previous versions etc) and reinstalled thunderbird from a fresh download to no avil. I'm using OS X Yosemite and Thunderbird 52.7.0
Ændret af Craig McPherson den
Alle svar (4)
Thanks for that!
Well I thought it worked when I deleted the offending add-on.....but the bastard keeps coming back! Damed thing wont die!
In fact none of the changes made in safe mode stuck.
Ændret af Craig McPherson den
the bastard add-on is " Walnut2 for Thunderbird" an appearence add-on. I didn't install the damned thing my ex did!
Thanks for that, one problem sorted, it still runs like a hairy goat but thats enough pain and suffering for one day