Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Is there a way to block videos from popping out?

Artemis3

AOL started doing this a couple years ago and it was the final straw that drove me to drop them for good. I want to read articles, not watch videos... but when I scroll past the videos they now pop into a new window and move down the page as I scroll. If I was interested in watching or listening, I wouldn't scroll past them in the first place. I am now experiencing this on Huffington Post. Is there any way in Firefox to block it from happening?

AOL started doing this a couple years ago and it was the final straw that drove me to drop them for good. I want to read articles, not watch videos... but when I scroll past the videos they now pop into a new window and move down the page as I scroll. If I was interested in watching or listening, I wouldn't scroll past them in the first place. I am now experiencing this on Huffington Post. Is there any way in Firefox to block it from happening?

Alle svar (2)

Flash block {web link} Never be annoyed by a Flash animation again! Blocks Flash so it won't get in your way, but if you want to see it, just click on it

IMO, try using Flash Control - I prefer it to Flash Block. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-control/