Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Send fails after taking long time to compose message.

f3red

When I take a long time to compose a message, including replying to a message, the send operation often fails. Because these failed messages sometimes also show up in my Drafts folder, I suspect that something in the internal state of TB interferes with the send operation because when that happens I can just discard the message version being sent unsuccessfully, go to Drafts and choose to Edit the (same) message and Send it immediately with no problem. I feel this may be a bug.

When I take a long time to compose a message, including replying to a message, the send operation often fails. Because these failed messages sometimes also show up in my Drafts folder, I suspect that something in the internal state of TB interferes with the send operation because when that happens I can just discard the message version being sent unsuccessfully, go to Drafts and choose to Edit the (same) message and Send it immediately with no problem. I feel this may be a bug.

Alle svar (4)

Thunrbird auto saves mail being composed to the drafts folder. That it is not deleted on send, that might be a bug.

What is the actual error message?

Matt, I will be testing this today to get a complete description of the problem, symptoms, and error messages.

anything new here?

"Unfortunately" this problem has not repeated itself. I will report exact circumstances and symptoms when it happens again.