Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Can't type my adress

bobbo4518

When I type an adress and press enter - nothing happens. Tried uninstalling firefox completely and then reinstalling, no add-ons. Still doesn't work. Clicking on a link works - but not typing it. Tried starting in safe mode - still doesn't work.

Win Vista

When I type an adress and press enter - nothing happens. Tried uninstalling firefox completely and then reinstalling, no add-ons. Still doesn't work. Clicking on a link works - but not typing it. Tried starting in safe mode - still doesn't work. Win Vista

Alle svar (3)

Try to open a new window to see if the location bar works in that new window. You can close the not working window if that works.

No - still doesn't work. Discoverd that the "Homepage" search-function doesn't work either. I have the standard startpage. When I type something and presses the search-button or "enter", mothing happens. If I use my page with last visisted pages, Click on a Google-page and types the same search there, and presses the search-button, or "enter" it works! Still can't type an adress in the new window however.

So my problem is that I cant type an adress and the home-page search-bar doesn't respond. WHYYY!!!!

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web link} While you are in safe mode;

Type about:preferences<Enter> in the address bar

Select Advanced > General. Look for and turn off Use Hardware Acceleration.

Poke around safe web sites. Are there any problems?