Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

certificate for imap <edited>@peternedsmith.co.uk is not valid

peter924

certificate for imap <edited>@peternedsmith.co.uk is not valid, someone could be trying to impersonate the server and you should not continue, on clicking the more info, on the panel that comes up, if I click on get certificate, the selections below get greyed out and nothing happens, I have viewed the certificate, and it appears to be from the US, I have taken a screenshot of the top part of it, which is below. Regards Peter Smith

certificate for imap <edited>@peternedsmith.co.uk is not valid, someone could be trying to impersonate the server and you should not continue, on clicking the more info, on the panel that comes up, if I click on get certificate, the selections below get greyed out and nothing happens, I have viewed the certificate, and it appears to be from the US, I have taken a screenshot of the top part of it, which is below. Regards Peter Smith
Attached screenshots

Modified by christ1

All Replies (1)

The certificate has been issued for stackmail.com. However, with Thunderbird you're connecting to the server imap.peternedsmith.co.uk. There is a mismatch, hence you do get the exception prompt. Check with your email/hosting provider about the correct email server settings for your domain, or have them fix their certificate.