This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
2 computers signed in to sync; where are the bookmarks on the other computer?
I have 2 active W7 computers where I run firefox, both of them are signed in to my ff account, including sync. I've run syn several times on both computers. Sync always indicates it has run and was successful. Computer #1 has many bookmarks. Bookmarks is selected for sync on both computers. I go to find my bookmarks on computer #2, and the computer #1 bookmarks are not there. Where are they? Should be intuitive if there are no instructions as to where to go to find them, which I haven't found any. All the instructions say is that sync works, and that my bookmarks will be available on all devices when sync'd. But nowhere does it say where those bookmarks can be found. Very frustrating.
All Replies (1)
Hi mmkjc23, Thank you for your message, I understand that trying to sync your bookmarks has become frustrating and I am happy to help.
- First I would remove the account from the second computer and sign in with a new session from firefox.accounts.com.
- Then click on Tools > Sync Now and wait about 5 mins.
- Go into the Bookmarks library and search for one of the bookmarks you see on the first computer.
Does it appear? If not, there might be a corruption in the places.sqlite file that stores your bookmarks. First make a back up of the profile to not loose any bookmarks in the troubleshooting process: Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles - do this for both computers.
- Then try this add on to give the file a maintence. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire.../places-maintenance/
- Then log in one more time to sync.
Did they show up?