Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
المُؤرشفة

Why is Firefox not available after I reset it?

SherwoodDriver

I followed instructions on how to reset Firefox, because it was slow in starting up. Now it doesn't even start up. All I get is an error message (404 I think).

I followed instructions on how to reset Firefox, because it was slow in starting up. Now it doesn't even start up. All I get is an error message (404 I think).

All Replies (2)

You get an error message in the area of the window where your home page usually appears, or the window doesn't even come up at all?

If you can get a window, can Firefox connect to Google (or your preferred search engine) if you try a search from the search bar?

Try to start Firefox with the about:blank page by creating a copy of the current Firefox desktop shortcut and add a space and -url "about:blank" to the command line.