Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
المُؤرشفة

How to remove Recent Bookmarks smartlist in version 69?

damon.h.chen

Pretty much just what the above question asks. I want to remove the recently bookmarked feature in my bookmarks menu.

There are solutions for how to do this with older versions of firefox, but they don't seem to work anymore in this current version.

I've tried right clicking the "Recently Bookmarked" grey text; no menu pops up in this version.

I've also tried going to about:config but whatever preference name this feature linked to has change from previous versions.

Any help appreciated.

Pretty much just what the above question asks. I want to remove the recently bookmarked feature in my bookmarks menu. There are solutions for how to do this with older versions of firefox, but they don't seem to work anymore in this current version. I've tried right clicking the "Recently Bookmarked" grey text; no menu pops up in this version. I've also tried going to about:config but whatever preference name this feature linked to has change from previous versions. Any help appreciated.

All Replies (3)

Hi damon.

  • Is your question about the Bookmarks icon Bookmark Menu icon (star on tray), or the Library icon 57 library icon?

About the library icon

You need to use code in userChrome.css to achieve this.

In Firefox 69 and later you need to set this pref to true on the about:config page to enable userChrome.css and userContent.css in the chrome folder.


See these threads for more detail.