Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
In die argief

YouTube videos won't play Firefox 25.0 Adobe Flash 11.9.900.117.

SteveCline

I did the "Reset Firefox" action, and also joined the HTML5 trial and it still will not play after reloading the page. Will update after I restart Firefox

I did the "Reset Firefox" action, and also joined the HTML5 trial and it still will not play after reloading the page. Will update after I restart Firefox

All Replies (4)

Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.

You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).

Then perform these steps:

  • Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
  • In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
  • In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
  • Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.

Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:

Did this fix your problems? Please report back soon.

Looks like my issue was related to the interaction with my K9 filter & Firefox. The same YouTube video would play in Chrome, but I had to enter Supervisor mode in K9 to get it to play in Firefox.

I had a problem with "An error occurred, please try again later" error message on YouTube videos after activating the Adobe Flash plugin (click-to-play is in effect).

I was able to resolve the problem (even with hardware acceleration enabled) by changing the security.mixed_content_block_display_content option to false in about:config.

The setting for security.mixed_content_block_active_content was irrelevant to this particular problem (I usually have it set to true).

Flash won't work at all on IE11 and Win8.1 Pro (this is a known problem) so a tip of the hat to Mozilla and a wag of the finger to Microsoft!

i know it's gonna sound weird, check your sound card driver. i found that on a forum and reinstalled my driver now it plays.