Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
Solved In die argief

Since my upgrade to Firefox 57 I cannot play video on youtube anymore

Guich

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Firefox 57 (Win 10) I'm having problems with video, especially on Youtube:

- after the upgrade it played fine, but then after a few hours I can't play anymore - same after a refresh : plays fine, but then after a while it stops working

I can see the video progress bar advancing, but the video never starts.

I tried removing all the add-ons and it didn't change anything...

Should I try anything else ?

Thanks,

Hi, Since I upgraded to Firefox 57 (Win 10) I'm having problems with video, especially on Youtube: - after the upgrade it played fine, but then after a few hours I can't play anymore - same after a refresh : plays fine, but then after a while it stops working I can see the video progress bar advancing, but the video never starts. I tried removing all the add-ons and it didn't change anything... Should I try anything else ? Thanks,
Lees dié antwoord in konteks

Gekose oplossing

Hi,

It wasn't a Firefox issue indeed, and the behavior disappeared with the last graphics card driver update.

Thanks

All Replies (5)

I figured it out.

The video was not starting because I'm mining on my GPU at the same time. As soon as I turn the mining off there's no problem. I guess this did not happen before quantum because FF didn't use the GPU before.

Is there a way to give a "priority" to GPU work ?

Thanks

FF did use GPU before Quantum.

Not 100% sure but I think there is no way to give GPU priority to a certain process. Don't use the entire GPU minining, video probably only needs 2 or 3% GPU.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

That was my first idea as well. I dialed the mining down to 80% without success. I'll post something if I get any result.

Guich said

Hi, thanks for the reply. That was my first idea as well. I dialed the mining down to 80% without success. I'll post something if I get any result.

This is not a Firefox Issue since using the mining software on a computer you use daily instead of a dedicated rig. Please mark this as solved.

Gekose oplossing

Hi,

It wasn't a Firefox issue indeed, and the behavior disappeared with the last graphics card driver update.

Thanks