Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

I am trying to login to one of my online banking websites and I am getting this message "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" and when I hit the ALLOW button, nothing happens.

Phil Hudson

I am trying to login to one of my online banking websites and I am getting this message "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" and when I hit the ALLOW button, nothing happens. I don't know if this related to the latest Firefox update ... but it's a real problem for me. I have to keep switching over to Chrome to login in. Please advise what I need to do?

I am trying to login to one of my online banking websites and I am getting this message "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" and when I hit the ALLOW button, nothing happens. I don't know if this related to the latest Firefox update ... but it's a real problem for me. I have to keep switching over to Chrome to login in. Please advise what I need to do?
Aangehegde skermkiekies

All Replies (1)

OK, I sought help from Gemini AI and was advised to do the following:

1. Open your Firefox browser and type about:config into the address bar, then press Enter. 2. Click the warning button that says Accept the Risk and Continue. 3. Type accessibility.blockautorefresh into the search filter at the top. 4. Locate the preference in the results list and click the Toggle button (or double-click the row) to change its value from true to false. 5. Close your tabs and restart Firefox to apply the change.

Problem solved for the banking website ... not sure if this setting adjustment, can be confined to problem websites to preserve security?

Vra 'n vraag

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.