Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

How to return previous style of Mozilla?

pavlucio.auditore

Today, October 1st, Firefox was updated on my computer, and I really don’t like the new design. The upper part of the browser is now much brighter and draws too much attention. The tabs also have a more rounded shape. I personally preferred the previous design, where the tabs were rectangular with slightly rounded corners - it looked cleaner and matched the rest of the browser better. I also don’t understand why the active tab is now highlighted so strongly. Previously, the active tab was simply a little lighter than the inactive ones, which felt much more subtle and comfortable. Is there a way to restore the previous design completely - with the gray upper browser area, the previous tab shape, and a less prominent active-tab highlight?

Thanks!

Today, October 1st, Firefox was updated on my computer, and I really don’t like the new design. The upper part of the browser is now much brighter and draws too much attention. The tabs also have a more rounded shape. I personally preferred the previous design, where the tabs were rectangular with slightly rounded corners - it looked cleaner and matched the rest of the browser better. I also don’t understand why the active tab is now highlighted so strongly. Previously, the active tab was simply a little lighter than the inactive ones, which felt much more subtle and comfortable. Is there a way to restore the previous design completely - with the gray upper browser area, the previous tab shape, and a less prominent active-tab highlight? Thanks!
Aangehegde skermkiekies

All Replies (10)

Gekose oplossing

I little fix by myself. Thanks! Sorry for disturbed.

Have a nice day!

How did you fix it, bro? I also don't like the shape design of the new top and side labels. I have just reverted to the previous version for now.

I just fixed bright style. Changed the main theme. About shape design of the new top and side labels I think it`s new unchangeable style :( Only make Mozilla locally with prev version, I guess

Gewysig op deur pavlucio.auditore

spreencrancken said

How did you fix it, bro? I also don't like the shape design of the new top and side labels. I have just reverted to the previous version for now.

How did you revert?

I did not revert. You can downgrade Firefox by downloading an older version from Mozilla’s official release archive and installing it over the current one. However, from a security perspective it’s generally better to stay on the latest release.

Hate this. Why team cant add general theme choice when they fully update.

pavlucio.auditore 说

I did not revert. You can downgrade Firefox by downloading an older version from Mozilla’s official release archive and installing it over the current one. However, from a security perspective it’s generally better to stay on the latest release. Hate this. Why team cant add general theme choice when they fully update.

no way, I guess I thought they would give us a custom option to revert to the original style, but they didn't. So, I went back to the version before the forced style update, and there was really nothing I could do. Hope they can provide a custom option to revert to the original style in later versions, rather than directly depriving users of their choice.

See the solution offered in [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../1608377]

Worked for me.

.....

Gewysig op deur supermellow15

wirba1 说

spreencrancken said

How did you fix it, bro? I also don't like the shape design of the new top and side labels. I have just reverted to the previous version for now.

How did you revert?

I just deleted the new version of firefox and downloaded the old version. Return to version 156.0.1

PBC said

See the solution offered in [https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../1608377] Worked for me.

it's work for me too! Thanks!!!

Vra 'n vraag

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.