After upgrade to Vers 152 .. I am getting this prompt to 'Add 'mail.yahoo.com' as an application for mailto links - why ?
I REALLY don't want to see prompts like this ... when FF upgrades to a newer release. I postponed clicking on adding this application since I really didn't know what it as going to do, or how to remove it once done. The little 'i' in the red circle did nothing. So - I finally clicked on it to make it go away. Not hat I call a very seamless upgrade.
All Replies (5)
Hi.
Never seen anything like this? Maybe as I don't use Fx for emails. I use Thunderbird :)
I am getting this prompt to 'Add 'mail.yahoo.com' as an application for mailto links - why ?
This is so called protocol handler message. It shows up because you don't have an e-mail application/service configured in Windows. It doesn't have anything to do with current upgrade.
You can just dismiss it.
There are some considerations to squelch these prompts from Y! as was done for other noisy providers before, there's some previous art tracked in bugzilla.mozilla.org/1968606
I am getting this EVERY TIME the page loads.
Please fix this!
I seached for the css file and I don't have one, so no way to get this to go away aside from dismissing it EACH AND EVERY TIME I check my mail.
I think we want to fix it in bug 668577.