Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
In die argief

emails automatically deleting

tonybrown

Hello - can anyone explain why my emails are automatically getting removed from my Inbox, and being put into my Deleted box please? It seems to happen overnight. I have several email accounts and they all have settings, but only one account has the emails being automatically deleted. This has not just started happening, it's been an on-going issue. I have the latest Thunderbird installed. Does anyone have a solution please? Thanks in advance.

Hello - can anyone explain why my emails are automatically getting removed from my Inbox, and being put into my Deleted box please? It seems to happen overnight. I have several email accounts and they all have settings, but only one account has the emails being automatically deleted. This has not just started happening, it's been an on-going issue. I have the latest Thunderbird installed. Does anyone have a solution please? Thanks in advance.

All Replies (4)

An IMAP account perhaps?

Hello - thanks for your reply. Yes my email accounts are all IMAP, but the emails that are getting deleted automatically, are only from one account, ie the same account every time. The account settings are the same for all the accounts, so why is only the one account effected?

Anyway thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regards Tony Brown

As you would be aware IMAP is synchronized to the server, I suggest you contact your mail provider. My guess is they are aging your mails and applying their own deletions settings at the server level, which then synchronize to other devices including Thunderbird.

Ok thanks for your information. I think this maybe the answer that will help.

Thanks again for youe time.

Regards Tony Brown