Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
Solved In die argief

Firefox is running SLOOOOW. It takes five minutes to open a web page. IE works fine on the same computer. I have tried everything in the troubleshooting guide,

DrPhred

Windows XP, Service Pack3, all the latest updates done. Scanned for viruses & malware, ran CCleaner. Defragged HD. Reset Firefox, uninstalled firefox & reinstalled. The only thing I haven't done is throw away my user profile. I exported my bookmarks to an HTML file so I can restore them. Will that work?

Windows XP, Service Pack3, all the latest updates done. Scanned for viruses & malware, ran CCleaner. Defragged HD. Reset Firefox, uninstalled firefox & reinstalled. The only thing I haven't done is throw away my user profile. I exported my bookmarks to an HTML file so I can restore them. Will that work?

All Replies (1)

Gekose oplossing

It is possible that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.

Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full, unrestricted, access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.

See:


Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problem.

See "Creating a profile":

If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.