Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I cannot download or install an upgrade, because MI5 have infected my pc with malware and are preventing me from doing so - please advise
I am unable to download or install an upgrade.
This is because I am being persecuted by MI5 and they have installed lots of malware on my computer.
You can read about this on my blog www.geee.net
I would be very grateful if you could offer some advice.
I look forward to hearing from you.
All Replies (3)
hello, please try these steps:
- reset firefox (this will keep your bookmarks and passwords)
- afterwards go to firefox > addons > extensions and in case there are still extensions listed there, disable them.
- finally run a full scan of your system with different security tools like the free version of malwarebytes and adwcleaner.
Many thanks - will try soon.
Download and run some of these anti-mal-ware programs, but have your anti-virus do a full system scan first.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!