Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I selected "remember password for this site", and now I do not want the password remembered, so how do I reverse my error?
I selected "remember password for this site", and now I do not want the password remembered, so how do I reverse my error? I have Windows 7. I can't find "Tools" in Firefox.
All Replies (4)
- Press the F10 key or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the menu bar is hidden.
- Use "Firefox > Options" instead of "Tools > Options" if the menu bar is hidden.
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop down list:
- Click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop down list
- Highlight an entry in the drop down list
- Press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to remove it.
You can remove saved Password(s) here:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"
How do I turn on my Remember passwords for sites: it is grayed out ?
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Instead of Tools > Options use:
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options
Press F10 if the menu bar is hidden on Windows and Linux or use "Firefox > Options/Preferences"
Thanks it was driving me nuts, I do not remember ticking Private Browsing mode.