Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Okugcinwe kunqolobane

I prefer tabs NOT on top, and I get it for a while after I uncheck "tabs on top" as instructed, but Firefox can't seem to remember my preference, and moves tabs to the top without any action from me. How can I make my preference "sticky"?

rhmonson

There isn't a lot more to say. The reset happens (almost?) always when I close and then reopen Firefox, and sometimes in the same section in the same window.

There isn't a lot more to say. The reset happens (almost?) always when I close and then reopen Firefox, and sometimes in the same section in the same window.

All Replies (2)

Hi rhmonson,

You should look at the article Preferences not saved.

Hopefully this helps!