Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Solved Okugcinwe kunqolobane

How to save passwords

mylarkee

Since installing Firefox 7 on my Win 7 Home Premium machine my passwords are not being saved. In Tools-Options-Security the "Remember passwords for sites" box is and always has been checked and there are no "Exceptions" at all. Also, I should add, there isn't any "prompt" asking me to save a password. Older versions of Firefox never had this problem so please help with this.

Since installing Firefox 7 on my Win 7 Home Premium machine my passwords are not being saved. In Tools-Options-Security the "Remember passwords for sites" box is and always has been checked and there are no "Exceptions" at all. Also, I should add, there isn't any "prompt" asking me to save a password. Older versions of Firefox never had this problem so please help with this.

All Replies (4)

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode.

  • https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Private+Browsing
  • You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
  • To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
  • Deselect: [ ] "Permanent Private Browsing mode"

See also:

Thanks so much cor-el! That did the trick!!

You're welcome

I've done all this and also created a new profile. I can not get Firefox 7 to remember passwords for ANY sites since upgrading to 7.0. I am using Windows 7 Professional.