How do I get Firefox NOT to restore the previous session every time I open it?
Every time I start Firefox cold, it attempts to restore my previous session and tabs. I don't want this feature. When I start Firefox cold, I just want to see a blank page, nothing else. How do I stop Firefox from always loading my previous session and tabs?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
I upgraded to the most recent version of Firefox
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- TranslateLite Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller 18.104.22.168
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Version 0.8.6d, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- WeatherBlink Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
TOOLS then OPTIONS then in GENERAL tab go to WHEN FIREFOX STARTS and choose SHOW MY HOME PAGE or SHOW BLANK PAGE
Thank you ideato, but the "show blank page" option is already selected in my "when Firefox starts" option. Its just that sometimes Firefox remembers my previous session on startup and attempts to restore the session and tabs. I apologize though, I have noticed that it does not always remember my previous session, but it is annoying when it does. It does, however, also open a tab with the blank page , as I designated in Options. Thanks again, I have a little more information now to work around this.
I have selected to "Show my homepage" but it still opens the last page I was on. This started happening about a week ago when Firefox was updated to 6.0.1.
Yes, bobb, my problem could have started when I upgraded to the new version, but I wasn't sure of that when I started this thread. If it is a problem with the new version, I think Mozilla itself should be responding to my concern, rather than other users who don't know how to fix it either.
At least now I don't feel quite as bad knowing that lots of other people are having the same problem. Come to think of it, the problem started shortly after I down loaded the newer verison of Firefox. I think Mozilla needs to step in. Why is there no way to contact them? Only other users?
When I open Firefox it won't let me do anything, it just freezes. At the top it says RESTORE SESSION and if I try to do anything it wont respond.
Make sure that Firefox closes properly (use > Firefox/File > Exit).
You may also need to wait a bit longer before closing down Windows after you close Firefox.
See "Hang at exit":
Never had this problem before -- until the update. It seems like it was always an option that I chose to not use.