Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

Tabs say "New Tab"/"Connecting..." even after page has loaded

  • 7 uphendule
  • 120 zinale nkinga
  • 1 view
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu mad1us

more options

The past two days, my tabs either say "New Tab" (as if I had just opened a new tab) or "Connecting..." (as if the page were still loading), after the page has finished loading. Pages load properly, but the site name doesn't appear on the tab. Sometimes the loading symbol (green circle for my skin) is still going on the tabs that say "Connecting...". Any idea how to fix this?

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

Here is what worked for me so far (I have TabRenamizer 0.9.7 installed) on Firefox 11.

(1) In Firefox type in about:support. This should show you the extensions that you have installed and note the "id" for TabRenamizer (which for me was {792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD})

Now Close Firefox down (Do not make any file/folder changes with Firefox running)!

(2) Find the location of your extensions.ini file (i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER) and you will see that it uses the XPI to load the extension. For me this looked like this :

Extension7=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER\extensions\{792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD}.xpi

FYI - XPI is just a compressed file type

(3) Find the extension XPI file (as listed in step 2) and extract the contents to a folder under the "extensions" folder. For me I created the folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER\extensions\{792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD} and then using 7zip extracted everything contained within to this new folder (make sure to keep the same folder/file structure defined within the XPI in your newly created folder).

(4) Once you have extracted everything from the XPI, edit the extensions.ini file (listed in step 2) to now use the folder (not XPI) to load this extension. For me looked this looked like :

Extension7=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER\extensions\{792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD}

Then if your lucky like me TabRenamizer should work like it always did. GOOD LUCK!

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 1

All Replies (7)

more options

disable TabRenamizer

more options

I wondered about TabRenamizer, but the problem ended up fixing itself without needing to disable any add-ons.

more options

Do not have tab TabRenamizer

more options

Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

more options

Since the addon isn't being updated anymore it's unlikely we'll see a "fix" for this. I have a solution though after tinkering with the settings. I didn't want to give this addon up quite yet because it's so handy with a ton of tabs open.

1. Type about:config in the URL bar. Click okay to proceed. 2. Filter for: tabrenamizer.autorename 3. Double click to change value from "true" to "false". 4. Exit and restart browser.

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

Here is what worked for me so far (I have TabRenamizer 0.9.7 installed) on Firefox 11.

(1) In Firefox type in about:support. This should show you the extensions that you have installed and note the "id" for TabRenamizer (which for me was {792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD})

Now Close Firefox down (Do not make any file/folder changes with Firefox running)!

(2) Find the location of your extensions.ini file (i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER) and you will see that it uses the XPI to load the extension. For me this looked like this :

Extension7=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER\extensions\{792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD}.xpi

FYI - XPI is just a compressed file type

(3) Find the extension XPI file (as listed in step 2) and extract the contents to a folder under the "extensions" folder. For me I created the folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER\extensions\{792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD} and then using 7zip extracted everything contained within to this new folder (make sure to keep the same folder/file structure defined within the XPI in your newly created folder).

(4) Once you have extracted everything from the XPI, edit the extensions.ini file (listed in step 2) to now use the folder (not XPI) to load this extension. For me looked this looked like :

Extension7=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\PROFILENUMBER\extensions\{792BDDFE-2E7C-42ed-B18D-18154D2761BD}

Then if your lucky like me TabRenamizer should work like it always did. GOOD LUCK!

more options

This works for the first window I open for FF. When I open a second window, the issue continues on the second window (first window works just fine with the tabs).