firefox launches to pages previously viewed when opened-How to disable this?
When FF is closed, the next time it opens it returns to the previously viewed pages. Multiple tabs open.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- -Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.2
- Microsoft ActiveX Portability Container Plug-In
- Keep your drivers up-to-date with Driver Agent. Designed for Firefox, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape; version 2.2007.12.26
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Change "Startup" to "Show a blank page" in Startup, home page, tabs, and download settings
Yes, I did this, of course, but FF still loads the previous pages anyway... I also set the home page to a blank page but that didn't help either. Any ideas?
Make sure that you close Firefox properly, otherwise session restore will try to open the tabs and windows from the previous session.
See Hang at exit:
Set the pref browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 on the about:config page to get the about:sessionrestore page immediately with the first restart after a crash has occurred or the Task Manager was used to close Firefox.
This is a really annoying "feature" (hah!) of the new Firefox. It means that I have to remember to close all other tabs, then go to my blank home page, before closing the window. That way if my roommate uses my computer next she won't see what i was doing.
Yes, i know she could poke around and find out in other ways, that's still no excuse for Mozilla to give her the option in one click, practically begging her to click the big "restore previous session" button in the middle of the screen.