Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Annoying unsilencable dialogs for internet connection problems

firefox-com

When starting thunderbird without a working internet connection, I get an annoying amount of dialog windows reminding me for each email message box/server that the connection can't be estabilshed. The german text is „Verbindung mit Server <server> konnte nicht hergestellt werden.“ (sorry, dont have the english one..., its basically „connection to server <server> couldnt be established“). One has to click "ok" on each of these warnings and there seems to be no possibility to silence them. I mean, I know that I don't have internet (or know that the internet is buggy atm, even if I retry to get messages.) To have a message at all could be okay, but it very much interferes with reading messages (which works fine with buggy internet...) as they just pop up. I even couldn't find any settings or configuration in the configuration list searching for anything containing „dialog“ or „connect“ (which would be my/the expected place for silencing any dialogs regarding connection issues.)

How can I get Thunderbird getting to work with me again and not interfering with workflow?

Best regards

________ I searched for dialog connection / dialog internet connection and didn't find any regarding topics problem occurs on 156.0.1 (64bit) Mozilla Thunderbird Snap for Ubuntu ubuntu-snap-build - 1.0

When starting thunderbird without a working internet connection, I get an annoying amount of dialog windows reminding me for each email message box/server that the connection can't be estabilshed. The german text is „Verbindung mit Server <server> konnte nicht hergestellt werden.“ (sorry, dont have the english one..., its basically „connection to server <server> couldnt be established“). One has to click "ok" on each of these warnings and there seems to be no possibility to silence them. I mean, I know that I don't have internet (or know that the internet is buggy atm, even if I retry to get messages.) To have a message at all could be okay, but it very much interferes with reading messages (which works fine with buggy internet...) as they just pop up. I even couldn't find any settings or configuration in the configuration list searching for anything containing „dialog“ or „connect“ (which would be my/the expected place for silencing any dialogs regarding connection issues.) How can I get Thunderbird getting to work with me again and not interfering with workflow? Best regards ________ I searched for dialog connection / dialog internet connection and didn't find any regarding topics problem occurs on 156.0.1 (64bit) Mozilla Thunderbird Snap for Ubuntu ubuntu-snap-build - 1.0

All Replies (2)

> How can I get Thunderbird getting to work with me again and not interfering with workflow?

If you mean, can you avoid the warnings or errors, not at the present time. We know we have problems to be fixed in this area.

Try this option to see : File \ Offline \ Work offline

Buza umbuzo

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.