Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox freezes on certain pages
For a few days, Firefox has been freezing at certain pages and interactions. For instance:
- Hitting the "compose" button in outlook online
- Viewing this particular tweet: https://twitter.com/qrs/status/1383039053201870850
- Navigating to wikipedia.org
Other pages work fine. When the freeze happens, the whole browser becomes completely unresponsive, including the window controls. The following is printed in the console if I launch FF from console:
``` ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 10319 ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal... ```
I am running FF version 88.0 (64-bit) on Arch Linux under Gnome on Wayland, installed through pacman.
What I have tried without success:
- Using a new FireFox profile (no extensions, history, cookies, etc)
- With and without WebRender
- With and without Wayland composition (`MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND`)
- All combinations of the two above
- Restarting the system, updating the system, reinstalling firefox
- Running mozregression
With mozregression I had the issue for all builds since `56f6da03c7e352f53fa923b30f66dfdf09a34116`, for all older builds I get the "Gah. Your tab just crashed." message.
I don't have issues with other programs or web browsers.
All Replies (1)
Created a bug report for this, with backtrace and more info: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1708276