Mass update of Bookmarks "Location" as domain has changed
Hello Is it possible in Fx to perform a mass update/modification on the URL addresss (e.g. Location Field) from about 800 of my bookmarks?
This is required as a site I use has changed their domain, so I need to modify the URL addresss by switching the domain name and change from http to https
from http://OLDdomain/xxx.. remaining of bookmark location address to https://NEWdomain/xxx.. remaining of bookmark location address
I am currently doing this manually by cut and paste in the Bookmark Manager (Show All Bookmarks window) but I am a bit tired after already doing 50 -- so wondering can this be automated in some way.
Okulungisiwe ngu jendrew
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.12
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Modifying 800 bookmarks is indeed quite a lot. You could consider to create a JSON backup and edit this file in a plain text editor. Then you can restore this backup.
If you are good with SQLite then you can consider to use the SQLite Manager extension with a proper query to modify this field.
Make sure you keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case something goes wrong.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)