bookmarks didn't save as json file
Did a bookmark backup prior to "cleansing" my hard drive. Didn't notice it at the time, but Firefox didn't save the bookmarks as a json extension. They seem to be a regular file. Any suggestions? Any hope?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
I'm not sure what you mean by regular file - how did you backup your bookmarks? If you exported bookmarks by following Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks, you should be able to Import Bookmarks from an HTML file.
Note that bookmarks, browsing history and downloads are stored in the places.sqlite file. Please see Recovering important data from an old profile for more information if you copied your whole profile before clearing the hard drive.