So my toshiba laptop was working fine a couple of weeks ago and then I turned off my computer and turned it back on and now it's saying the connection was reset. I can't get Internet on my laptop but I can get it on my mom's laptop and my iPod, and they are all connected to the same modem. I've tried connecting the computer to the modem and still nothing. How do I get the Internet back onto my laptop?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mercury/8.4 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53
Hi Guardmandee17, Thank you for your question I understand that your laptop is not connecting to the internet.
- Please first try to make sure it is not Firefox by trying another browser.
- Then open up the internet connection on the laptop and make sure that the connection is detected and has obtained an IP address.
- Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox
- If you do not have any proxies configured go to this menu: Open "3-bar" menu > Options/Preferences > Advanced > Network > Connection > "Settings" and select "Use System settings"
Please post back with the results and we can help further. Although it has been a few days, if you have already solved this, please also post back with your solution, it could help other users.