Security Issue with Brendan Eich's Blog
I posted a response to Brendan Eich's blog and my email address is being shared PUBLICLY. Brendan's blog clearly states that email addresses will not be published.
One would hope that the CEO of a major technology organization could properly implement security. Brendan has proven yet again that he is not the right CEO to lead Mozilla.
- Version 22.214.171.12458
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
This is a Firefox and Mozilla product support forum, not a personal blog forum. However, I did look at https://brendaneich.com/2014/03/inclusiveness-at-mozilla/ and there are no comments showing on that post, so it looks like you are just seeing your own comment (with all its details).
This issue is not resolved. I've seen responses for others (see attached screen shot).
I suggest that Brendan Eich remove his blog until the security issues are corrected. He could also use the time to compose a more thoughtful post. Responding to AM's questions would be a good place to begin.
Those comments are awaiting moderation. They are comments that you posted to the blog and so you are the only one that can see them (you and the blog moderator). The fact that the "Leave a reply" section is pre-filled in with data is proof that information is only visible on your end, the leave a reply isn't using data from the server.
I'm locking this thread.