Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

了解更多
封存

firefox constantly freezing on different website

k stephens

the question is "how can we help?" that's easy: fix your browser. I've been using firefox for decades but I just installed chrome, and I desperately DO NOT want to use chrome but firefox is unstable. It freezes and I have to open task manager to try to close it and there are dozens of firefox tasks running.

Before you ask: this is a new laptop, windows 11 is updated, all the drivers, etc are updated too. I do not use extensions.

the question is "how can we help?" that's easy: fix your browser. I've been using firefox for decades but I just installed chrome, and I desperately DO NOT want to use chrome but firefox is unstable. It freezes and I have to open task manager to try to close it and there are dozens of firefox tasks running. Before you ask: this is a new laptop, windows 11 is updated, all the drivers, etc are updated too. I do not use extensions.

所有回覆 (5)

Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support to see if that has effect in case security software is causing problems.

You can check the connection settings in case you use a Proxy or VPN service.

  • Settings -> General -> Network: Connection -> Settings

If you do not need to use a Proxy to connect to internet, select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.

See also:

I'm using standard system settings, I do not use a vpn. I've googled and done these standard troubleshooting steps you suggested. MANY people are having this same issue lately. I use windows 11 security default settings. Just like I have for 3 systems now.

You can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.

See "Creating a profile":

If the new profile works, you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.

I did this, it's one of the first google suggestions

Does it still happen in Troubleshoot Mode?